Friday 7 June 2013

Self Evaluation Journal- Accordion - numbers book

This is the second lesson that I teach for this semester and it is a numeracy lesson that I have co-planned with my school mentor Ms. C. I have implemented a focus activity of making Accordion - Numbers book with one group while Ms. C was working with the 3 other groups. This is not acceptable according to my College mentor's comments because I am nearly graduating to be an official teacher , therefore, I need to teach the whole class and follow their work during focus time. 
 
Purpose:
I need to work hard towards taking over the whole class as they work during focus activities. I planned this lesson following ADEC's curriculum and the school mentor's lesson plan. I also attempt ​to work with whole class in the plenary, however, in this lesson I have a problem keeping an eye at all children while they are working independently.
Data:
I refer to my college mentor's comments when he said, "
Analysis:
This incident that one quality of a well trained and qualified teacher is to be able to have her/his eyes around the class room to observe students and provide the needed support.
Conclusion:
To achieve this aim "improve transitions" and look after the whole class during activities I need to practice with in daily bases until I achieve it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment