Sunday 9 June 2013

Aim One


To improve transition between whole group and small group 
Aim 1
 
 
 
1.    Planning for learning
2.    Implementing and managing learning
3.    Monitoring and Assessment of learning
TP Competency
 
Feed backs from my Mentoring School/College Teachers, indicated that I need to focus on this area. Furthermore, I should practice transitioning children with in the classroom environment to ensure that children are disciplined and to prevent many behavior problems. Furthermore, smooth transition will help in establishing a positive relationship between the children and me as a teacher. This will lead to them feeling secured that I lead the classroom and enforce routine.
 
Rationale
 
To improve transition I can:
·         Use the classroom rules to move children without challenging behaviors.
·         Use musical instruments such as bells or songs to get their attention and move them from corners to the circle are and vice versa.
·         Establish regular routines for transition.
·         Speak directly to children and use their names to address where they have to go around the class.
·         Use some of my school mentor’s method in transitioning children.
Strategies
 
I tried to implement this aim as many times as I could and sometimes I achieved it while other I don’t.
 
Comment from my mentoring school teacher indicates that I tried to implement it many times and she says, “You did that by:
 
Establishing rituals and routines in the classroom”
 
Use simple musical selections as a nonverbal cue for students to transition from one activity to another”.
 “Use positive reinforcement to encourage the behavior
               while students are transitioning from one activity to another
.
Evaluation &
Evidence


These are some strategies I tried to use before sending children to their focus activities

No comments:

Post a Comment