Wednesday 28 November 2012

Reflective Jouranl - 8



Learning through play is one of the most obvious skills that children do spontaneously in their Early Years. I noticed this today at a trip to a park and I found the following:


Observation:
1- Children are eclectic when it comes to spend a long time playing. For instance, they choose their peers whom will play with.

2- Children tend to implement or rehearse some rules which are used in the classroom (e.g keep your hands to yourself) if they have been offended by a peer .

3- Children sometimes use songs that are used in the classroom to count when they should take turns swinging on swings.

Evaluation:
Play is a vital chance for both the teacher and children to emphasise learning.

 
Planning:
I plan to give children chances to play and use more songs while they play which will help notice further results about the use of music in teaching children in K.G 2.

Action:
Will be implemented tomorrow and the next semester.

 

2 comments:

  1. Outdoor play was my favorite and what I have learned from the children that it is their space and world to explore the real world.

    When I really need to let the children understand something with 90% I just create a game that we can play outside and I put all the things that I want them to get. The most easy and enjoyable way to learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children's work is play, it is our job to shape their play so that it lets them work on the ideas we want, at the same time to work on the ideas they want. We find the middle ground where we teachers are happy and so are the children - Aisha, I really like how you have customised your blog - do you have any pictures to add?

    ReplyDelete