Wednesday 14 November 2012

Reflective Journal - 6


Yesterday I presented a literacy lesson and I planned it on paper but I had some shortage in the materials. Eventually, I had to use some recycled paper to provide the tools for children to execute the task which was an art craft of the chicken  because of this week’s theme (The Farm). Children also had to  practice writing their names which some of them did while others struggled but they’ve wrote it at the end. The group that I worked with was the high group which had only one boy (Khaled) and girls.
            Observation:
 The issue that I had was that the boy needed one on one work (teacher’s focus) while the four girls understood the activity when I modeled it for the first time.
Evaluation:
The girls were visual learners and the boy was a kinesthetic one. The reason the I concluded this idea because since the first period of my T.P I experienced almost the same incident with the boy.
Planning:
I considered the boys learning style and I asked all group members to stop and follow my instructions and my actions (modeling) because I wanted to break down the activity to small bits and allow them copy each step.

       Action:
I asked them to hold the glue and they did, then To glue the big circle (The chicken’s body) on the green paper sheet and they did so. After that I asked them to glue the small circle  (chicken’s head), glue the orange triangle (chicken’s beak) ,…..etc.

The results were that the boy and the girls were confident to continue even when I am just doing not even speaking and explaining the activity. (see the below product)

 Materials
            The final product

 

4 comments:

  1. Great activity Aisha
    I liked your critical reflection, it is good that you found a solution for the boys problem.

    keep good working

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea Aisha especially when you integrate the hand print for the wings. Good that you found a suitable solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the activity and I can see that the children enjoyed it also its good that you could find quick solution and it worked in the same time.

      Delete