Monday 1 October 2012

Reflective Journal - 1

30 / Sep/ 2012


This is the officially the first day of my Teaching Practice (part 1) at Al Dewan Kindergarten with K.G 2-4. I enter the school with an ultimate fear of the unknown,  maybe because of the action research project which I have no idea how to initiate it and where to begin from. Anyway, the staff remembered me as I did my previous teaching practice with in this school and I have done the following:

1-      Introduced myself to the children by the help of Ms. Cassendra (MST).

 

2-      Talked to both teachers about my action research project and introduced the topic (Mathematics).

 

3-      Attended the full day including a committee assignment meeting where the head of faculty and the school manager distributed the committees such as  (Science and math, culture and heritage, ….) . This was so useful to me because I observed in depth how the school community work to produce professional norms and standards to follow all the year.

 

Furthermore, I had to work with a small group and explain a mathematics activity which was on making and understanding charts . I found out that children have a wide knowledge of colours, numbers and concepts like more and few. I only crises that could get in the way of my research is that the school is doing a line streaming process which means that children could change according to the place they live in. However I will choose a sample of children who will stay in the school for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aisha - I don't think the streaming will be a problem for you - am pleased to see you settling in and participating in the life of the school.

    ReplyDelete