Saturday 16 March 2013

Week 2- critical incident


In this week I faced a unique kind of issues which was in my planning for teaching the 60 % of the week. It seems that I am sitting to plan for ever because it is my first time to do such load of work on my T.P. However, I know in my sub-conscience that I will benefit from this experience in the future.

Purpose: I have to establish a professional, punctual attitude towards my planning and implementing of all lessons because it will certainly define my style as a teacher.

Data: I have noticed through my weekly planning that I am not spending enough time in planning which will effect on my teaching and preparation of materials needed to do activities. My MST is helping me step by step and she reminds me continuously  to plan my lessons well by allowing me to have a look at her lesson plans.

Analysis: I have read some of my previous teacher’s reflections from years 1,2,3 of this course. There were some comments on my planning that it has to be simple and match what I want to do during the lesson.

Conclusion: I have discussed this issue with My MST Ms. C and we both agreed on doing lesson plans as I understood it i.e points or built points. Also I recall that my MCT advised us to do lesson plans as we can refer to them and one detailed plan when he comes to observe us.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Aisha - I know that sometimes planning can seem a chore, but I think it is essentially a compromise between what works for us and what the bureaucracy requires. You might find that it's better for you to focus on more long term (weekly or theme plans) rather than daily/lesson plans. Other than the learning materials you make for activities, often the actual procedures for every lesson may stay in your head (particularly as you get more experienced). You will become better at the minute-to-minute and hour-to-hour aspect of teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much I feel more confident after reading the last sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was hard for me too but then I sit with the other teacher and I saw how they are working and how they are choosing activities and why. As I plan I always try hard to use different strategies, different learning style and work to cover my PDP points. I still plan something and in the real lesson I change it to what fit the children more. It takes time =)

    ReplyDelete