Thursday 18 April 2013

Week 5 - CRITICAL INCIDENT




This is the final week in the first part of the 10 weeks internship and the only challenging situation I will face is the absence of Ms. Cassandra on Tuesday on words because of family commitments. My assumption was right and I faced a dilemma that I did not imagine that I would face. This issue was on Wednesday and I had to prepare children's honoring certificates, take children around the school workshops and activities because it was an open day. finally, I had to make sure that children received their meals, certificates and gift bags.

Luckily, The Arabic sub-teacher was with me but still I faced a problem when we took children to attend a story telling activity which went forever. As a result for spending ever after time in that session children became restless and hungry. Also, it was just the right time for the children who are known for being busy to challenge our patience .

I tried to tell the head of deputy that children need to eat and retreat to the classroom to do their usual stuff and after three tries finally it worked and the story teller finished his boring stories.

 I took children and their parents to the classroom where they had their meals and certificate, they also had the time to play freely around some corners of the class room and I took one group to do a focus activity as I needed to finish it with them. Children returned home happy and maintained but not their parents.

I remember reflecting on this event to the HOF who said 'that the event was organised within a week' , also I received a comment from tow parents of the children in my class saying that there is a lack of organisation in this event.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I think your teacher's absence gave you a chance to experience being real teacher and deal with different situations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Marwa - such is the life of a teacher and I think you coped well with the events that were thrown at you. It sounds as though you had to take some trouble for the story teller who went on too long for children of that age. Sigh! I think it's a good sign that your concerns were for the needs of the children to rest, to eat and to be more stimulated. Well done.

    ReplyDelete